Roasted Savory Cabbage with Black Bean-Garlic Sauce
- 1 head savory cabbage, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 4 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine (Shao Hsing) or dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), minced
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 5 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Toss cabbage and sunflower oil in a large roasting pan and spread out in an even layer. Roast until beginning to wilt and brown, about 15 minutes.
- Combine rice wine (or sherry) and black bean sauce in a small bowl; drizzle over the cabbage and toss. Continue roasting until tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Toss with scallions, vinegar, sesame oil and hot sauce until combined.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Information: Calories: 123, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium:…
View original post 11 more words